I was talking to my friend L at work (she's been my one IRL person who has been with me through this entire journey) about my OB appointment last week. I mentioned how the nurse was able to find the heartbeat on the Doppler. I also mentioned how I was now thinking about getting one since it had been so amazing to hear the heartbeat, I wanted to be able to do it at home. L, being the genius she is, mentioned that there was another teacher in our building who had a Doppler that she was more than willing to lend out (this other teacher actually went to the same RE I did when she did IVF to get her daughter 5 years ago).
I immediately went up to that teacher's room, confided I was pregnant, and asked if I could borrow it too. And she said, "Of course!". So, after Monday, I'll have a Doppler to use here at home!
I know it's still early. I know it may be hard to hear the heartbeat on my own until a little later. But, I know it's there, so that will keep me motivated. Also, I'm ridiculously excited to share it with my H (he wasn't able to go Thursday's appointment).
Just having that connection between the three of us.... gah! I can't wait.
We have a doppler from C. It seriously was so cool to be able to hear his heartbeat anytime we wanted. It really helped give me comfort in the early stages because I couldn't feel movement yet. <3
ReplyDelete