Monday, September 09, 2013

I will call him squishy and he will be my squishy.

Today is the first day I feel pregnant.  I know I've had some normal first tri symptoms, but today I actually feel pregnant.  Why do you ask?  Today I had to break out the BellaBand.  My pants would not button.

My stomach is enormous.  Seriously.  I know that the babe is somewhere between a strawberry and a lime (aka - not that big) but there is something going on with my stomach.  It's moving onward and outward - and not in a good way.  More in a " I look like I gained 15 pounds in a spare tire" kind of way.  There's nothing cute about it.  There's just a big ol' squishy mess that won't let me zip up my pants.

So, when I hopped on the scale today (a weekly habit on Monday's from my WW days) I was expecting to see a gain.  Nope.  I actually lost 0.5 pound since last week.  Which puts my total weight gain this pregnancy at 1.5 pounds.  Only a 1.5 weight gain and my pants don't fit anymore.  Damn.

Obviously there is some serious bloat going on.  And I knew, just knew, that I wouldn't be a cute pregnant.  No luck for this girl.  Guess I'll be sticking to loose skirts and dresses for the next few weeks.  And praying all this squish somehow transforms itself into a cute little bump.  ;)

4 comments:

  1. Pics or it didn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really don't want to see that ;) But you'll get a "bump" pic tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. My pants stopped buttoning a couple days ago. The belly bloat is blowing up lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the name of this had me cracking up! Oh and I agree with Gonz!

    ReplyDelete