Monday, December 01, 2014
A Butter and Nut Squash? Yes, please.
Baby is the size of a: Butternut Squash. Baby can now recognize and react to simple songs.
Maternity clothes: Haha. Yeah. All the time with the exception of yoga pants. I've also taken to wearing H's t-shirts on the weekends with leggings. It's just about the most comfortable thing ever. Stylish? Oh, no. But when you're growing a tiny human, I figure you're entitled to wear whatever makes your heart go pitter-patter.
Stretch marks: I think the ones on my hips are becoming more noticeable.
Sleep: Meh. Sleep is what it is. I wake up several times a night to adjust or use the bathroom. H has also taken to giving one or two big snores sometime around 4, which always makes me up. But on the bright side, sleeping on my side doesn't hurt my hips/legs anymore.
Symptoms: My fingers are definitely swollen. Not noticeably, but it's getting hard to put my ring on everyday (I don't sleep with it on). After a couple hours things are fine, but I have lots of trouble putting it on first thing. In the past week I've also developed a linea nigra line below my belly button. I swear it appeared overnight. It's not crazy dark, but I can definitely see it. Other than that, just general aches and pains associated with later stages of pregnancy.
Best moment of the week: Today I feel like I got two big things checked off my baby "to-do" list. I started the process of getting a breast pump (I need a Rx from my OB, but I have an appointment on Friday, so I'll ask then) and I scheduled a pre-natal visit to a pediatrician that came recommended from a friend at work (considering she's the same friend who recommended our awesome RE, I trust her advice). So, check and check to big things from that list! But seriously, how are there only six weeks left until baby comes? Time is flying. Only 19 more school days left.
Miss anything: Laying on my stomach. Sleeping through the night.
Movement: Yup. I've got a mover and a shaker in there. It cracks me up how every time I lay the laptop on my stomach, baby immediately started punching/kicking in that exact spot. Baby obviously does not enjoy having a computer on his/her head (or other body part). There are also times when I can feel baby leaning "out" towards my front. When that happens, I can put my hand on my stomach and feel baby's butt/back. Weird.
Cravings/aversions: Still chocolate milk and fudge covered Oreos.
Belly button in or out? Shallow but hopefully holding steady.
Sex: Who knows? The count down is on until we find out, though!
Mood: Feeling really good lately. I'm getting a bit uncomfortable, but I'm really enjoying being pregnant. I realized the other day that pre-pregnancy I was feeling physically uncomfortable in my own skin. Particularly in regards to my stomach. Since getting a bump, I feel much more comfortable in my own skin. I like the way I look, I feel good, I don't care about a number on a scale, and honestly couldn't give two hoots about what other people think. It's a pretty amazing feeling :) Pregnancy for the win!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I think you just have the most gorgeous belly. It looks like baby is still quite high, hopefully he/she isn't in your ribs and lungs too much. You are just radiant!
ReplyDeleteHurray for getting things done!!
Thank you :) I think my belly has really rounded out the last couple weeks. Baby doesn't feel to high normally, but when I'm sitting, it's another matter. Baby's butt (I think) ends up under my right ribs more often than not as soon as I get in the car or sit down on the couch. Talk about uncomfortable!
DeleteYour bump is adorable!!!
ReplyDelete