Friday, December 19, 2014

Picture Extravaganza!

Over the past two weekends, I've been working on a Christmas gift for our nephew.  Since my SIL is using a lot of Montessori ideas, I thought a quiet book would be a perfect gift.  He's only 17 months, but I figured it was something he could grow in to.  And since I've been in a super crafty mood lately, I figured it was the best of both worlds.  Here's the finished product:

cover

mirror

balloons velcro on/off with matching colors underneath

shapes that velcro on/off, with outline of shape below

garden fun!

counting apples

I really hope my SIL and nephew love it.  I had a lot of fun making it and I think it'll be great for moments when my SIL needs him to have something fun to work on.  For now he'll probably be most interested in the mirror and simply touching, but I hope it becomes educational as he grows too.

In other news, we had our maternity pictures taken last weekend.  I hired a friend from school and she did an amazing job!  I'm sorry I can't show them all here, but here is some of the awesomeness:


I'm not gonna lie.  I'm feeling hugely pregnant lately.  Uncomfortable and, well, huge.

These pictures really made me feel beautiful, though.  I loved all the bump pics my friend took.  H and I so rarely take pics together, so that was a plus, and it felt important to document this point in our lives.  

I'm so glad we did.  

How are there only a little over three weeks until we meet our little one?!?

3 comments:

  1. I love this post!! Your mat phitis are gorgeous, you really look fantastic!! And I LOVE the book you made, that is so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book is so cute!! You are the best Aunt.

    Glad you made the decision to do maternity photos. You look fantastic! THREE WEEKS?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That book is amazing!!! You have inspired me - what a fabulous idea!

    THREE WEEKS?!?!?! Holy shit.

    Also, I can't stop telling you, but you are just a radiant, gorgeous pregnant woman. I know near then end it's hard to feel that way, but you totally are. The countdown is on!!

    ReplyDelete