Monday, December 08, 2014
35 weeks down, 35 days to go
Baby is the size of a: Coconut! Baby's hearing is now fully developed and baby responds best to high pitch noises. Baby won't get much longer in there but will spend the next couple weeks plumping up! My uterus has also grown about a 1,000 times its original size (what?!?).
Maternity clothes: I did indulge myself with a new sweater and pair of jeans this week. We're having maternity pics this upcoming weekend and I wanted to have something nice for those. Other than that, I'm making do with what I currently have. I am able to rotate a few of my non-maternity long-sleeved shirts in (see example to the left). Between that and my stash of maternity pants, I'm pretty sure I can make it these last five weeks with the wardrobe I have.
Stretch marks: I haven't noticed anything new.
Sleep: I'm not going to lie. Sleep is terrible. I celebrate if I make it more than 2 hours without waking up. It always feels like the biggest emergency to get to the bathroom, only to find I didn't really need to go all that badly. I toss and turn a lot too. I long for sleeping through the night and sleeping on my stomach. (Oh, and one pregnancy gripe - I'm getting a bit annoyed at people who ask how I'm feeling, and when I say I'm tired because I'm not sleeping well anymore, they laugh it off and say, "Well, you better get used to it!". Obviously I know I won't be sleeping well with a newborn, but I think I'm allowed to be feeling the effects of being almost 8 months pregnant and not getting enough sleep. /endrant)
Symptoms: My wedding ring is hit or miss lately. I had a lot of trouble getting it off a couple nights ago. I definitely want to wear it for our pics this weekend, but I may throw in the towel after that. My gums have started bleeding while brushing my teeth (for some reason I thought this was an early pregnancy symptom?). My hips are also starting to ache something terrible. I think I have officially developed the pregnant lady "waddle" because of it. Walking the dog is getting harder after being on my feet all day at school. I'm also just feeling the general aches and pains of carrying around a bowling ball strapped to your stomach 24/7.
Best moment of the week: We had a holiday dinner with our friends Saturday night. These are all people we've known since high school. There were five couples and everyone came with their families (5 kids total). It was awesome getting that many friendly faces together at one time. Sometimes it amazing me that people I've known since I was 14, I still see, I still enjoy spending time with, and now we can continue that tradition as we all build our families. It was a good meal and a good time catching up with old friends. That night, when we were home, H reminded me that next year we'll be adding our little one to the mix at the next holiday get-together.
Miss anything: I miss all the wine.
Movement: Yeah. Baby isn't a huge kick/puncher but I can definitely feel movement happening in there. I still can't seem to capture baby on film, though! Baby will be moving and shaking my belly around, but as soon as I start filming, thing settle down and it's hard to see on video unless you know exactly where to look. Still crossing my fingers I can catch little booger going to town.
Cravings/aversions: All things chocolate. Seriously. This kid will come out covered in it, I think.
Belly button in or out? In, but I have found the bottom of it. Eeek!
Sex: 50/50 either way, right?
Mood: Feeling very pregnant lately. I am lucky to have had such an easy pregnancy, but I can see how the next five weeks (how are there only five weeks left!?!) are only going to get more and more uncomfortable. It already feels like baby is taking up all available space. I'm honestly not sure where baby is supposed to have room to continue growing. And, at my last two appointments I've also been measuring slightly on the small side (They say it's pretty common for women with short torsos). I don't feel small though, I feel like a big ol' pregnant lady.
But overall life is good. I'm growing our tiny human, I only have 13 days left of school before maternity leave, and we are in the final stretch before we get to meet our babe!
Here's another bump comparison shot. Crazy how things have changed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


First, you look fantastic, and I love that outfit! I found myself nodding while reading a lot of this post, especially the part about sleep and people's annoying comments, ugh. So glad you had a nice holiday dinner with friends, sounds like a great night!
ReplyDeleteYou look so amazing!!! You are just a glowing, gorgeous pregnant lady. I can't wait to see how your maternity photos turned out and what outfit you chose. I'm so sorry sleep is so shitty for you. I wish I could tell you it gets better. At least when your munchkin is here when you're doing two hour stretches you can do it on your tummy where you're comfortable ;) Five weeks can't go by fast enough!! Can't wait to meet you baby!!
ReplyDelete