Baby is the size of a: Winter Melon (anyone know what that is?). Baby is inhaling, exhaling, sucking, gripping and blinking now. Baby is measuring 19-20 inches long and anywhere from 6-9 pounds!
Maternity clothes: Daily. Although now that I'm out of school for two weeks (huzzah!) I think I'll keep it to yoga pants if we're not celebrating Christmas with our families. Comfy clothes are the best. Honestly I can't hardly stand having anything on my belly after a couple hours (which all my full panel maternity pants obviously do). So yoga pants and leggings for the foreseeable future for me. At least until I go back to school. I'll be rotating through my maternity tops, though. I realized yesterday I don't have that much more time to wear them!
Stretch marks: I haven't noticed anything new.
Sleep: Sleep is about the same. I wake up about 3 times a night. I've been lucky the last week though, my first wake-up typically is about 4 hours after falling asleep. Past that all bets are off, but I am grateful for those first solid hours. I'm also looking forward to sleeping past 6am for the next two weeks.
Symptoms: I think I'm starting to swell. My feet, my hands, my face (ugh, I hate the face part). But it is what it is at this point. I'm also pretty uncomfortable most of the time. Standing is the most comfortable, but if I stand too long, it brings on Braxton Hicks (which were happening quite a lot last week at school). Sitting pushes baby up into my ribs. And bending over or getting up from sitting are a major effort now. I clearly understand why people say this last month is hard. Because, boy oh boy, it is. I'm also pretty sure nesting is kicking in hard-core. I feel ants in my pants to have everything ready for baby. And I want to clean all the things.
Best moment of the week: Can I say getting out of school? Seriously. Not only has it been a difficult school year, but this last week was physically very hard. I'm so happy to be off the next too weeks. I may go in a day or two next week to get more things ready for maternity leave, but I'm ready to be done with school and take care of baby. I still have one more week of teaching the first week of January, but then I'm out!
Miss anything: Sleeping on my stomach. Feeling like my body is my own.
Movement: Yes :) I think I feel everything baby does now since there is little to no room left. Every stretch, twitch, and movement pulls and pushes my stomach into odd locations. Especially after I've been bending down or laying down, baby has pushed my stomach to one side. Hopefully I can catch little one playing alien with my stomach at some point. I finally felt hiccups last night!
Cravings/aversions: Sweets. I want all the sweets.
Belly button in or out? In. It's precariously shallow, though.
Sex: Either or. I bought a couple options for take home outfit today :)
Mood: I'm a little anxious this week. There seems to be so much to finalize before baby comes. With the holidays I worry I won't have the time to get everything done. H is so chill, I know I should be too, but sometimes I'm just a worrier. And I think my hormones are getting the better of me lately. I'm moody and tired a lot of the time. Seems like the littlest things turn me into a grouch or a tear filled mess. However, I am getting a little tired of people joking about baby coming early, particularly that baby has to come before New Years for the tax break. 1) No, I don't want baby to come early as it's in baby's best interest to cook as close to 40 weeks as possible. 2) My birthday is NYE, my mom's is the day before. With those, in addition to Christmas, I think we have enough to celebrate in December. 3) It actually works out better for my maternity leave if baby comes as close to my due date as possible. Yes, I realize I'm very pregnant. No, I don't think it needs to be the first thing people talk about when they see me. Kthxbai.
Other than that, things are moving along great and we really are on the home stretch. January 12th will be here before we know it!

No comments:
Post a Comment