Monday, December 15, 2014

Oh Honey, I Do Feel Pregnant.

How far along:  36 weeks

Baby is the size of a: Honeydew.  Baby is getting closer to being able to breathe on his or her own.  Baby's skin is smooth, liver and kidneys are in working order, and circulation and immune systems are good to go.  I've reached the point if I were to go into labor they wouldn't stop things from progressing!
  
Maternity clothes: Haha, yeah.  There is absolutely no containing this stomach anymore. Yoga pants, a maternity tank, and a maternity zip-up hoodie are my favorite comfy clothes.  If I'm not in school clothes, you can bet I'm in those items.  I did buy a beautiful sweater and new pair of jeans this week, though.

Stretch marks: Nothing new.  Let's hope it stays that way!

Sleep: Sleep is what it is.  I wake up 3-4 times a night to use the bathroom or adjust my position.  Unisom is my daily friend and I can't wait to sleep "normally" again.  But, just five more school days before Christmas break and then hopefully I can sleep, sleep, sleep!

Symptoms: I've had to give up my wedding ring.  I swear my fingers don't look swollen, but since it's a struggle to get my ring on and off, it's just easier to wear a plain band I have.  I think my feet/ankles might be the tiniest bit swollen too, but probably only noticeable to me.  My hips are feeling better this week, but my feet are very sore by the end of the day.  I also feel like my stomach is stretched taught allthetime.  I can seriously feel body parts poking me as baby twists around in there.

Best moment of the week:  We had our maternity pics on Saturday!  I have a good friend at school who takes pictures has a side job.  I sent her some inspirations and she did a great job directing us around recreating our favorite poses.  She also suggested a great location.  I seriously can't wait to see the final results (although she did show me the pics on her camera that day).  She said she has one session to edit before ours, but hopes to have them to be by Friday.  I can't wait!

Also, we hit the 8th month mark.  Only one month left to go!

Miss anything: Alcohol.  A festive cocktail at the end of a long day would be divine!

Movement:  Of course.  Afternoon is still baby's favorite time to start moving and shaking, but I feel baby a lot more recently.  At school I can just feel baby pressing "out" more than ever before.  Not specific movement, but more, "Hey, how did that kid end up in my ribs?" kind of movement.

Cravings/aversions:  Chocolate.  I seriously can't get enough.  

Belly button in or out? In.  But it's slowly becoming a little horizontal slit.

Sex: Back to hoping for girl this week

Mood:  Good.  Tired more often than not lately, though.  But I blame lack of sleep more than anything else.  If I get a good night's sleep I feel like I could conquer the world.  I just can't believe we are less than a month away from meeting our little one.  I spent some time Saturday organizing and putting away the gifts from my work shower.  I also washed baby (gah!) clothes and put everything away.  There are a few small things we still need to get, but basically, we're good to go.  And realistically baby could come at any point now (although I'd still like to make it to my due date).  Things are getting real. :D

One more comparison pic this week:

1 comment:

  1. You look beautiful!! I can't wait to see your mat pics, I just know they're going to be gorgeous!! Glad to hear the hip pain has eased up too!

    ReplyDelete