Monday, November 24, 2014

Durian Fruit

How far along: 33 weeks

Baby is the size of a: Durian Fruit.  Baby is 17-19 inches long and weighs 4.2-5.8 pounds! Baby's bones are starting to harden.  Baby is keeping his or her eyes open while awake.  Baby can also coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing.

Maternity clothes: I feel like I want to go out and buy all the maternity clothes, especially with the holidays coming, but I'm starting to realize that there isn't that much time left until baby comes.  I might get a few more pieces, but it's more likely that I'll just kept rotating and revamping the ones I already have.  I think new maternity jeans are a must though.  The two pairs I have (both I inherited) are getting a little uncomfortable around the top.  Guess I'm starting to outgrow some things.  At least as far as my bump is considered!

Stretch marks:  Nothing new that I can tell.

Sleep: Sleep is back to being hard.  I wake up.  A lot.  And use the bathroom.  A lot.  It's not my favorite thing.  I've gotten really good at falling back asleep, though.  So I'm grateful for small favors.  What I wouldn't give for a good night's sleep on my stomach.

Symptoms: I was thinking this week, that as far as pregnancy symptoms go, I've been very lucky to get through this pregnancy with little of the "terrible" ones.  Heartburn is minor, swelling is minor, aches and pains are minor.  Honestly, it's been a pretty easy pregnancy.  I'm grateful to be growing our tiny human and getting to feel baby growing everyday.

Best moment of the week:  We had Thanksgiving with my side of the family this past Saturday.  It was great getting to see everyone.  And it was nice having my family talk to and about baby.  My grandma is always adorable, saying hi and bye to baby.

Also, we finally, FINALLY!, got the correct part to our crib.  It's a long story, but one damaged part out of the box, three trips to the store, countless phone calls, and 5 weeks later, we finally have the crib assembled and ready to go.  I'm looking forward to having a few extra days off this week to put some of the finishing touches on the nursery.  I promise pics when I'm done.  :)

Miss anything: I missed having a glass of wine for Thanksgiving dinner.

Movement:  Everyday.  This kid definitely loves the afternoon.  It's secretly my favorite time since I'm home from work, playing with the pup, and feeling our baby moving around in there.  Still trying to get movement on video, but so far,  baby is playing hard to get.

Cravings/aversions: Chocolate milk and fudge covered Oreos.  YUM!

Belly button in or out? Still shallow.

Sex: I'm back to wanting a girl this week.

Mood:  Good.  We're in the home stretch.  I'm also on the countdown for school days.  I'm not going to lie, I'm really looking forward to taking a break.  This school year has been hard and I'm so excited that I get to focus on my family for a few months and leave all of the school stress behind.  It's also the holiday season, and life is good. :D

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! I can't believe how close you are! I totally had a countdown on the number of days of work left too. I can't wait to see the nursery because I know you have made a lot of things and I bet it's going to just be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it's getting this close already. You look great :)

    ReplyDelete