Monday, November 17, 2014
8 weeks left. Time is flying!
Baby is the size of a: Squash. By now baby has established a sleep and wake cycle. Baby is also likely head down (which I'm pretty sure baby still is!).
Maternity clothes: Everyday except for comfy clothes on the weekend. My yoga pants are my favorite non-maternity clothing item. Leggings are my favorite maternity item. I've never been a big fan of them before, but these are seriously comfortable. I refuse to wear them as pants, but pairing them with a tunic or a dress? I'm all over that.
Stretch marks: I don't think the old ones have gotten any bigger. No new ones yet.
Sleep: Sleep has actually been better this week. I'm not sure how or why, but I'll take it! There were three nights in a row that I was able to sleep solidly from 10pm-4am. It was amazing! Unfortunately I didn't take a Unisom Friday night and I woke up at 3am with little hope of going back to sleep. Unfortunately it looks like Unisom is non-negotiable from now on.
Symptoms: My stomach is hard. Like really hard. Or at least from the view point of a lady always had a little squish around the middle. I honestly don't know how this kid is going to find anymore room to grow. It already feels like baby is trying to push/elbow/kick his or her way out of my stomach. There are times when I can feel baby leaning forward and I swear I can feel body parts (mostly back and butt, I think). Also, the way baby is positioned makes sitting uncomfortable. Something keeps getting under the right side of my ribs every time I sit, mostly in the car. Baby is also a mover and a shaker in the afternoons. I love seeing movement from the outside!
Bonus! Here's a pic from my viewpoint everyday:
Best moment of the week: On Saturday we went out for my BIL's birthday. My BIL and SIL also had a gender reveal for their little one. Turns out they are having a little boy! H's aunt made a cake for them to announce the gender (they didn't know until they cut into the cake). It was really awesome watching them find out. It's also great knowing that we're going to have another nephew. I'm so excited our baby will have a cousin so close in age. :D
Miss anything: Not getting punched in the bladder several times a day.
Movement: Definitely. Especially in the afternoon. I don't always notice baby when I'm at school, but the moment I sit down for lunch or on my ride home, I feel little one moving and shaking in there. I was home today because of a snow day and baby and I had a lot of fun together. I keep trying to catch baby on video shaking my belly around, but this kid is camera shy. But it was nice getting to feel baby all day and know that our little one is growing big and strong in there.
Cravings/aversions: Hot chocolate has been amazing lately!
Belly button in or out? Shallow. But I think it's holding steady at the moment.
Sex: Now that I know we're getting another nephew, I think it'd be fun if our baby was a boy too.
Mood: Happy, but a bit overwhelmed. It suddenly seems like there is so much to get done before baby arrives. The nursery is coming along. The crib and dresser are in place, we've ordered a recliner, but there seem to be a million little things to pull together. I need to finish organizing the dresser/closet and wash all of baby's things. There's also some long-term cleaning/organizing I want to get done before baby comes because I know we won't have the time or energy to do so after. My mom suggested hiring someone to come deep clean the house right before baby comes (which I think is a fantastic idea) but there are still some things I'll need to do on my own before that. It's just hard to believe our little one will be here in 8 weeks. Crazy!
As an additional bonus, I put together another bump collage. We've come a long way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Congrats on a new nephew!! Glad things are going well, you look great, and I love the progression pics of your growing bump!
ReplyDeleteLove the progression pics!!
ReplyDeleteYou have the most gorgeous bump! Hopefully you'll be able to get things done soon and relax as much as possible before sweet peanut gets here :)
ReplyDelete