Monday, November 03, 2014

30 weeks. Already??

How far along: 30 weeks. 

Baby is the size of a: Cucumber (I have to imagine this is the length of baby, not bulk, because this kid feels like it weighs a million pounds!). This week baby is strong enough to grasp a finger.  Baby is still plumping up and putting more pressure on my digestive track (I can attest to this one!).

Maternity clothes: Um, yeah.  This question will be a big ol' "yes" from here on out.  I finally put all my maternity clothes in one section of the closet.  Right up front in fact.  I still would like a few sweatshirt/sweaters, but other than that, I think I'm pretty set for the next while. 

Stretch marks:  I'd rather not think about this one right now.

Sleep: Sleep is what it is.  I'm pretty uncomfortable in any position and wake up frequently.  I consider it a good night's sleep if I can make it a 4 hour stretch without waking up.  Usually I'm up at least once for a bathroom break and another 2-3 times to flip to my other side.  My H's allergies are also going wild, which means he's a snoring fool.

Symptoms: Sometime this weekend baby came way up high.  Into my chest high.  I suddenly feel like I'm full all the time, can't bend over, and my stomach is rock hard.  I hope baby heads back down where he/she has been because this would not be the most fun thing for the next ten weeks.  Other than that, just my usual aches and pains.  My wedding ring is slightly tighter, but I haven't noticed any other swelling in my feet since last week.

Best moment of the week:  My shower!  This past weekend two of my best girlfriends threw a shower for me.  I pretty much let them roll with it and they did the most amazing job!  Unfortunately I didn't think to take any pictures until we were cleaning up but one of my hostess took a ton of pictures, and promises that she'll send them to me ASAP.

However, they did a whole "Mom to bee" theme.  It was adorable.  Black and yellow decorations, flowers, and the most delicious bumble bee cupcakes.  My friends were awesomely generous.  Showering our little one with story books for nighttime reading, clothes, bibs, a bath tub, diapers, a play mat, and other adorable baby toys.  One friend even gave me a collection of items she wished she had in the hospital after giving birth to her daughter.  My friends were thoughtful, generous, and I loved getting to spend a couple hours with them.

(But I know, the pictures.   I promise as soon as I get them, I'll do a separate update.)

Miss anything: Being comfortable.  And laying on my stomach.

Movement:  Yes.  Although a bit less this week.  I think baby may be running out of room in there.  I'm still seeing movement from the outside (which is still weirdly cool) and currently I'm feeling a ton of movement up towards my ribs.  I think baby is still vertical, since I'm feeling movement top and bottom, but I have no idea if baby is head up or down.  I'll have to ask at my OB appointment on Friday.

Cravings/aversions: Nothing special this week.

Belly button in or out? Still shallow.  I think it held steady this week, though.

Sex: No idea.  It's just a little bugger who needs to get out of my ribs.

Mood:  School is really hard.  I try not to talk too much about it here, but it's the hardest year I've had yet.  Although my teaching partner and I have made some schedule changes, which have helped, it's not perfect.  And I have a lot of high needs students at the end of the day that are hard to keep up with, even if I wasn't pregnant.  I had a seriously talk with my teaching partner today after school to let her know I can't physically keep up anymore.  I had to physically remove a student from my classroom today and then chase another down the hall when he stormed out of the classroom.  I can't keep doing that and giving the other students the education they deserve (and it's harder when you're growing a tiny human).  So, hopefully the additional changes we came up with will help.  But I know it's only a band-aid.  And honestly, because school is so wild this year, it really affects my mood all the time.  I'm crazy happy to be pregnant, but at school it's another thing I have to deal with.  I can't be at my full teaching potential because being pregnant takes up a large portion of my energy and stamina.  Ugh.  I hate sounding like a whiner.  I normally love teaching.  And I love being pregnant.  I'm just not so sure that the two work well together.  At least for me.  

But I just keep reminding myself there is a light at the end of of the tunnel.  There will be an adorable little baby soon.  I will get a 3 month break from school to take care of that baby.  Things are really awesome right now... school is just a slight blip in the road at the moment.

2 comments:

  1. You look fantastic! So happy to hear your shower went well and you and baby got spoiled!! Sorry to hear work has been so tough and demanding - you're right though, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and you're getting there! I can't believe you're already 30 weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so beautiful!! I can't believe you're 30 weeks already either, how time flies! C was up in my ribs for a few weeks and slowly dropped down. I had the most relief after 38 weeks - I hope it's a lot sooner for you.

    I can't wait to see the pictures from your shower!

    ReplyDelete