Monday, October 27, 2014
Squash Osh B'Gosh
Baby is the size of a: Acorn Squash. Baby is 15-17 inches and weighs at least 2.5 pounds! This week baby is continuing to plump up. Baby could also be hiccuping in there (although I'm not sure I've felt these yet).
Maternity clothes: Basically full time. Except the weekend when I can slouch around in comfy clothes. I went to Target on Saturday to buy a few dress options for my shower this upcoming weekend. It's fun being able to shop in the maternity section (and having a bump to fill the clothes out!)
Stretch marks: I've started convincing myself the old ones one my hips are starting to show more. Not sure how much is all in my head, though.
Sleep: Sleep is not my favorite anymore. I'm not going to lie, it's downright uncomfortable. Last spring we bought a new firm mattress. As a stomach sleeper it was fantastic. As a side sleeper it feels hard as a rock. Especially considering the sciatic pain I've been feeling. I wake up several times to switch positions. It seems like nothing is comfortable anymore. And the few nights I've tried to skip the Unisom, I always regret it come morning.
Symptoms: Same as last week. I'm sore. I guess I never realized how physically demanding growing a tiny human could be. I had my first bought with Braxton Hicks on Friday too. That was (not) fun. It was a long day at school, I was dehydrated and the kids were being their crazy selves. It passed once I was able to get home and rest, but it was a long day. I also have a bit of heartburn if I eat too much in one sitting. And, I think my feet might be the tiniest bit swollen.
Best moment of the week: It was a rough school week and a busier weekend. One of my friends got married on Saturday, but the wedding was almost two hours away. After all that driving I was a sore, tired mess on Sunday. So I think the best part of the week was having an amazing husband who did all the chores around the house and let me be a bum and recoup on Sunday. I love that man.
Miss anything: I'd like a glass of wine and a comfortable night's sleep.
Movement: All the time. Baby seems to be most active in the afternoon/evening. And movements are starting to show from the outside now. I'm trying to catch it on film, but the little booger always stops once I start filming. On my way home from school today I could literally see ripples across the top of my stomach. Coolest and weirdest thing.
Cravings/aversions: All my usual. Chocolate milk. Peanut butter. Cereal.
Belly button in or out? Still a bit shallow.
Sex: I'm really pulling for girl right now. I love our girl name. I'd really like to use it. And I melt inside every time I think about cute girly clothes and bows in her hair.
Mood: Okay. Tired, though. We have conferences again tomorrow night and I'm afraid that it'll sap all my energy for the rest of the week. But, I'm grateful I have an amazing husband who is stepping up to the plate a lot at home. It's nice knowing that when I need to take a break, he'll finish the task. I'm also looking forward to seeing my friends this weekend at my shower. Seems surreal that I'm far enough along to actually be having one. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I say this every week but you lok so amazing and beautiful! I can't wait to hear about your shower!
ReplyDeletesuch an adorable bump!!
ReplyDeleteHave fun at your shower this weekend!! Hopefully conferences aren't too exhausting this week,
ReplyDelete