Monday, October 13, 2014
27 weeks
Baby is the size of a: Lettuce (ok, technically rutabaga is this week, lettuce was last week, but somehow I switched them up, so I'm sticking with lettuce. Size is all relative, right?) . This week baby's eyes are should be forming and will be opening soon. Baby is anywhere from 1.5-2.5 pounds.
Maternity clothes: Same ol', same ol'. I went shopping one day last week and bought a couple pairs of maternity leggings. While I don't know if leggings are the most flattering thing I can wear, they are definitely one of the most comfortable. Of course, as soon as I bought them, the weather warmed back up, but at least I'm prepared when fall temps decide to reappear. I'm still slowing integrating maternity tops into my daily wardrobe.
Stretch marks: Nothing new. I have been using Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion daily for several years. Hopefully it helps keep stretch marks at bay.
Sleep: Sleep is okay. Unisom helps, although sometimes I still wake up around 3 or 4 and have trouble falling back asleep. Most of the time I make it through the night okay, though. I still can't wait for the day that I can sleep on my stomach again. I miss stomach sleeping like crazy.
Symptoms: Occasional heartburn. Having the use the bathroom pretty much all the time. This week I also went to, ahem, clean up my lady bits. Let's just say it was harder than I anticipated since I can no longer see that general area without some creative movements. And I still have 13 more weeks of growing left!
Best moment of the week: On Saturday we took a childbirth class our hospital offers. I'm not sure if I learned anything new, but it was great for H, and I really liked the nurse who ran the course. It was nice confirming what I knew, and knowing that this is really happening. Soon. Really soon. We got a tour of the Labor and Delivery floor afterwards. I think that was my favorite part. It was awesome getting to see the rooms that we'll be in when it's time for our little one to come. Also, just knowing where to park, and where to come in/go in the hospital is making everything seem more real.
On Sunday we pretty much took it easy. I did make a nursing cover (sorry, no pic yet, although H asked afterwards if I had made an apron, which I guess it does look a lot like) but that was my only baby related sewing project. Although I'm all ants in my pants to start something new. I think some pinterest searching is in my future.
Today I had my 3 hour glucose test. And although it definitely wasn't the best moment of the week, it's nice now that's over. It wasn't too bad. Just long. Really long. And getting stuck 4 times isn't my idea of fun, but it's worth it for baby. Now I'm just hoping and praying my results come back okay. I'll do what I have to, but I'd really rather not have to face GD.
Miss anything: Sleeping through the night.
Movement: Definitely. This kid is a mover and a shaker. Especially if I'm in any position that pushes down on my bump (like laying on my side or twisting sideways). Little bugger always kicks/punches right in that spot. Almost like he/she is telling me that I'm cramping their space. Also, during the glucose screening today baby was kicking up a storm. I even saw it from the outside for the first time today. It was amazing!
Cravings/aversions: Nothing in particular this week.
Belly button in or out? Still in. Although after last week I took a good look at it. It's definitely more shallow than it was before.
Sex: It cracks me up at the predictions we've been getting. People love trying to guess. Although, maybe I should tell them that I've heard both boy and girl predictions based on the way I'm carrying?
Mood: This week was better than last week. Especially school related. I worked with my teaching partner and we made a few changes that seem to be helping. I wouldn't say things are great yet, but we've definitely started heading back in the right direction. But, I've also come to realize that this group of kids take a ton of energy. I have to be on them all the time. They can't have downtime, they can't make their own partnering decisions, and I'm not going to get to be the relaxed, happy teacher I enjoy being. It is what it is at this point. Hopefully I can get through January, and then when I come back at the end of the year, I'll have more energy to keep up with their craziness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment