Monday, October 20, 2014

Officially in Third Trimester!

How far along: 28 weeks. 

Baby is the size of a: Eggplant.  This week baby's immune system is preparing for the outside world.  Baby is also putting on more fat and lungs are maturing.  

Maternity clothes: Pretty much all the time except the weekends and workout clothes anymore.  I actually went through my closet and pulled out about 1/3 of my clothes that are out of the question anymore.  It was a little depressing, but at least it made room for my maternity clothes.  And I figure I'll be happy to pull them out once they fit again!

Stretch marks:  Same ol', same old.

Sleep: Sleep is hit or miss.  And I know it's only going to go down from here as I get more and more uncomfortable.  Luckily, lately I've been able to fall back asleep pretty quickly when I wake up (at least twice a night).  Unisom is a daily thing now, as are my mountain of pillows.  Good thing H is a heavy sleeper since I toss and turn all night long.

Symptoms: Soreness.  I had conferences last week, so not only was it a 13 hour work day, but I also was sitting for over three hours at a student desk.  It didn't bother me so much then, but I was seriously sore for two days afterwards. Sitting in any position I can't lean back in is becoming a chore.  Bending over is getting harder.  And I don't know how I'm going to grow for another 12 weeks.  It already feels like this kid is taking up all available room.

Best moment of the week: Passing my 3 hour glucose test.  It was last Monday and although it wasn't the most fun thing I've ever done (who wants to get poked four times?), I felt like a rock star when they called to say that I have passed.  Other than that, I enjoyed getting away with my family to the lake for the weekend.  It was too cold and gloomy to boat, but I got to see my parents and grandparents.  And my parents are amazing and took care of our pup both mornings, so H and I could sleep in.  They seriously rock.

Here's a few pics from the weekend:
A rainbow before we left, my hubby fishing, and a very wet pup after swimming.


Miss anything: Being comfortable in my own skin.  

Movement:  Daily.  Baby seems to be most active in the afternoon/evening, punching away in there.  Baby also took up residence on my bladder all weekend.  That was a less than pleasant feeling, although the little booger seems to have moved on for the time being.  I'm also seeing movement from the outside more and more often.  How is it possible this baby will get bigger and stronger as the weeks go on?

Cravings/aversions: Chocolate is back to being number one.  I bought a half gallon of chocolate milk and I plan to drink it all.

Belly button in or out? Same as last week.  It's more shallow, but I don't think it's going to "pop".

Sex: This week I wish I knew.  Or, I guess I should say, I wish I had an inclination of baby's sex.  I'm glad we're waiting to find out, but I think it'd be cool to have a strong feeling either way.  I still have no idea.

Mood:  Tired.  Although things are better at school, it still takes a lot of my energy.  I normally regroup on the weekend, but since we were gone, we spent our time yesterday cleaning the house, running to the grocery store, and doing laundry.  I think I'm still playing catch-up today.  Hopefully it's a quick week and then I can sleep and sleep and sleep next weekend!

4 comments:

  1. You look so beautiful!!! I have no idea where the heck the time went though - you're in third tri already!?!? Congrats on passing the GTT, drink all the chocolate milk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Congrats on 3rd Tri!! (I had to take the 3hr GTT too - it sucked, but glad to hear it's negative!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3rd tri already, seriously?! Time is flying! Yay for an awesome milestone, and I echo Ally, you're looking great, lady!! Congrats on passing the GTT and my fridge is also currently stocked with chocolate milk - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 3rd tri and passing your 3 hr GTT! You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete