Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Power Cauliflower

How far along: 25 weeks. 

Baby is the size of a: Cauliflower.  Baby is 13.6-14.8 inches and weighs 1.5-2.2 pounds (although it says the same length and weight on TB for the next four weeks....how's a lady to know how big her babe is?).  Baby now knows which way is up and down and is gaining more hair and fat.

Maternity clothes: Things are getting tight.  At least regular clothes.  It's amazing to me how items that used to fit aren't fitting well anymore (my bust and belly are competing for biggest "improvement").  I've bought a few more maternity clothes and have started regularly pulling from the lot my friend gave me.  I still need to bulk up my pants selection, though.  

Stretch marks:  Only the old ones.



Sleep: Okay.  I still wake up a couple times a night to use the bathroom, but I didn't always sleep through the night before getting pregnant.  I'm still loving my pillow pyramid.  Poor H is slowly losing bed space to my mountain of fluff. 

Symptoms: A sore underside to my bump by the end of the day.  Especially after a long day at school.  It seems to flair up quite a bit lately while walking the pup.  And I pee.  A lot.  Basically all the time.  But I guess it seems reasonable after the amount of water I drink during the day.  I was working on refinishing a table this weekend (don't worry - I did it in a well ventilated area and wore a mask the whole time).  I felt fine during the project, but yesterday I was sore from all the up and down bending I had to do while painting.  

Best moment of the week: This past weekend was awesome.  Lots of baby things checked off the list.  On Saturday I went to another local mom's sale.  Instead of telling you, how about I just show you my big score?


We have a stroller!!  

I had been looking at the Graco Snugride 35 carriers (at only 7.5 pounds, I figured they were worth a second look).  Then, this weekend, at the mom's sale, I see this Graco travel system.  I had been looking at jogging strollers as well, and even though I hadn't researched this particular one, I figured it was worth the risk, considering the carrier and base alone were the price they were asking for the whole system.  Best part?  It's looks absolutely brand new.  No stains, no marks, not even a speck of dust.  The tires have absolutely no wear at all.  So, I feel like we really scored big on this one.  And it's the awesome one pull fold stroller with a kickstand so it stays upright while folded.  

I also got started on baby related crafts.  I finally started putting together the fabric picture collage (and ordered a few pictures/prints for the remaining frames) and also got a couple more pieces of fabric to make a nursing cover and canopy for the carrier (picture on the right).  I also made a few burp clothes from pretty scraps.  Here's a preview :


Overall it was a pretty fantastic week.  I even started our registry.  Making and buying things for baby is bringing it all home.  We're actually having a baby!  

Miss anything:  Sleeping on my stomach.  Or being comfortable sleeping in general.  

Movement: Yup.  Little booger is a mover and a shaker.  I had a all day meeting yesterday.  While I was sitting down, I was leaning forward at my table, baby gave the biggest kick ever.  (Apparently baby doesn't like when I squish up his/her space?)  Also, later that night, baby must have liked yoga because it was kicking up a storm the entire time.  Still have a hard time getting H to feel more than one kick at a time, but we've been able to catch baby a few times.  I love sharing that with him.

Cravings/aversions: Chocolate milk is AMAZING!

Belly button in or out? In.  In.  In.

Sex: I back to hoping girl this week.  I just melt a little inside at all of the adorable, girly, frilly things that I could get and dress her up in.

Mood:  It's really hitting me this week that at the end of this, we're bringing home a baby.  I know this is what we've been hoping and wishing for, but it's crazy that it's actually happening.  I'm having a baby!  In just over 100 days (give or take) we'll have another person in our family.  A little person that relies on us.  

Holy moly.  

I guess it's just the (awesome) enormity of the whole thing that's hitting me this week.  I want this with all my heart, but I'm just feeling the 'woah' factor of it all.  It's worth it.  For this baby, it's all worth it.

3 comments:

  1. I have a Graco travel system too (it looks really similar to yours) and I love it!! I hope you do too!

    Can't wait to see more baby crafts! The ones you have done so far are looking awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great, lady!! And nice score on the travel system!! I love what you wrote in the mood section - I continually have these moments of, 'is this really happening??' It's just so amazing, it's mind boggling at times! I'm so very happy for you <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you!! I love all the crafts :)

    And you look fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete