Saturday, November 23, 2013

Better Late than Never!

A couple days ago, the lovely jaytee nominated me for the Stork Award.

You can read more about the Stork Award and how it stared here.
 
I'm not going to follow all the rules of this nomination, but I did want to answer the question Jaytee gave me.  So, here goes:
 
1. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
I think I'd like to be able to teleport (or Harry Potter style apparate?).  I'm not a fan of sitting in a car for hours to get to a destination.  Click my fingers and already be there?  Oh, yeah.  Sign me up for that.

2. List 3 of your best personality traits
I'm loyal.  I'm dedicated.  I'm honest.
 
3. What’s the first thing you notice in the opposite sex?
Height.  I don't know what it is, but I lurve a tall man.  My H is 6'5". 
 
4. What are 3 things on your bucket list?
First, I want to build my family with my H.  I know that seems obvious when I'm typing it out.  But it's true!  I don't know yet if that means carrying our biological child or, in the future, exploring other options, but I want to have a family with him.  It's definitely top of my list.
 
Second, I would want to travel.  Honestly I could name three place that are on my travel bucket list.  But, my top pick would have to be seeing Australia.  How awesome would it be to be literally around the world?
 
Third, I want to take culinary classes.  I don't mean getting a degree or anything, but I love cooking.  I think it would be awesome to have some inspiration and technical skills to expand my cooking knowledge.
 
5. Do you have any hidden talents?
I don't know how hidden it is, but I can play the french horn/mellophone.  I started playing the french horn when I was in sixth grade, which continued through high school.  I also picked up the mellophone for marching band in high school, which continued through college.  I still go back to my Alma mater once a year to play in the hockey band.

6. What is the best vacation you have ever taken?
Our honeymoon was in London.  It pretty much rocked.  Hands down the best trip I've ever taken.

7. What's the best meal you've ever had?
Oh... hard one.  I pretty much love food.  All food.  I guess I'll just say anything that involves dough, sugar, and caramel.

8. What's the best gift you've ever given?
Three years ago I got my H a Lego Optimius Prime.  It transforms and everything!  I originally was going to create it myself with their MyLego system (you can order whatever pieces you want to create your own Lego design), but eventually found a detailed list of all the materials necessary online (apparently someone else had also had my same idea!).  H still raves about what an amazing gift it was since he's HUGE into Legos and Transformers.

9. Aside from food, water, and shelter, what is one thing could you not go a day without?
Obviously I can go a day without it, because I get a whole summer off, but in the spirit of this question, I would have to say teaching.  I love being a teacher.  I cannot imagine spending my life doing anything else.  There's something awesome about helping children learn about learning.

10. In everyday life, what is your number one pet peeve.
People chewing gum.  It's just gross.  I think they look like cows.  I really don't understand the purpose or idea behind it.  Especially those powerful smelling mint gums (did I mention I don't like mint?).  I can smell those from a mile away.  Ick.


1 comment: