The other day someone posted a thread about whether people liked the Waiting to O or 2WW portion of their cycle better. Since I had been thinking the same thing myself, I'd like to elaborate here.
I am firmly in the Waiting to O camp. Although the 2WW brings hope and the possibility of being pregnant, I prefer to be Waiting to O. Once I get over the sadness of a failed cycle, I actually welcome the relief CD 1 brings. It's a new start and a new possibility. I also don't have the what ifs hanging over my head. I'm not worried about every fluctuation in my temps, I'm not peeing on OPKs hoping for a +, and we're not humping it out just in case tomorrow (or the next day) turns out to be ovulation day. I'm also not analyzing every little thing that is happening in my body (which I do constantly during the 2WW).
My post-AF, pre-FW time is a time of calm. It's a time of normal. I feel like myself. My pre-TTC self. I can put all of the pregnancy stuff to the back of my mind and just.... be. That's the thing I miss the most in this process. Me. I miss the me before TTC. The lightness and freedom I felt before this whole process started.
So considering today is CD 10 and the earliest I've ever O'd is CD 18, I have a least a week of normal left. I plan to enjoy it.
No comments:
Post a Comment