Monday, December 03, 2012

TTC is Making Me Fat

So as I sat down to write this post, I realized I may have already mentioned this topic in an earlier post.  However, it's on my mind, so here goes (maybe for a second time).

My butt is growing.  So are my hips, my thighs, and my tummy.  My problem is food.  Delicious and glorious food.  And alcohol.  All of which I have been ingesting in larger than necessary quantities since we started TTC.  Was my weight a problem before we started TTC?  Yes.  Has said problem gotten worse since we started TTC?  YES!

Back story - during college I gained weight.  A lot of weight.  Once graduating, I realized the enormous size of my rear end and decided to do something about it.  One membership at Weight Watchers, a personal trainer, and 10 months later I was sans 60 pounds.  It was awesome.  I looked good, I felt good, and I was in control of my eating and exercising regularly. 

Then, I found alcohol.  Well, truth be told, I had found alcohol a few years earlier, but I really started to like alcohol.  Over the next two years I slowly put back on about 15 of those hard lost pounds.  Then, I got engaged.  So, I put my butt back on WW and dropped 10 before the wedding.  Over the first year of our marriage I slowly put back on the 10, plus another 10.  One day I woke up, realized the alarming size of my rear, jumped back on WW and dropped 15. (If you're keeping track this puts me about 10 above my original weight loss).

And then, we started TTC.  And a few more pounds have slowly crept back on.  All weight loss efforts have come to a complete stand still.  I just can't seem to motivate myself to actively lose the weight this time.  I know exactly what I need to do (I've done it plenty in the past) but my motivation seems to have fled me.  I need it back.  Pronto.

.... unless someone can invent some lovely tasty treats that are guaranteed not to increase the size of my derriere?

2 comments:

  1. I am dealing the same thing! Have you tried smart ones? Or Keebler 100 calorie snacks? Oh and I joined my fitness pal to count calories. It definitely helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (dirty lurker from TB!!) I am in the same boat! I was always overweight, dropped 70lbs and I have gained back 5-10 since we started TTC. I've started cutting up fresh veggies and putting them in small ziplock bags in the fridge so that I can just grab a bag when I want a snack. But honestly, I'd rather have a cookie... or 3.

    ReplyDelete