Sunday, December 02, 2012

Sunday -- A Day of Rest?

Saturdays are my busy day.  I take a couple classes at the gym in the morning, usually DH and I have lunch together and afterwards we tackle house projects/clean the house/do laundry/run errands.  And Saturday evenings we normally invite friends over or head out somewhere to meet up with people.

So, when Sunday rolls around, I want to do nothing.  I mean, nothing.  I want to lounge around in my PJs, not take a shower, and curl up on the couch and catch up on my DVR.  I want this to happen for most or all of the day.  This rarely happens though.  First, we always seem to put off grocery shopping until Sunday, so we have to stock up our pantry.  And DH, being DH, he always insists we go as soon as we're done with breakfast so as to miss the crowds (Although I agree, it seriously cuts into my PJ time since I'd rather not head to the grocery in my ratty old clothes).  Once we're back, I usually get in a bit of time bumming it, but inevitably, DH gets it in his head that we need to invite someone over for dinner.  Usually family.  Mine or his, it doesn't matter, but he loves having family over for Sunday dinner.  While I'm not opposed to seeing family, usually it means I have to start prepping food well before they come so my day of bumming comes swiftly to an end by early afternoon. 

Such was the case today.  I had previously talked to DH about wanting a Sunday all to ourselves.  He agreed.  Then, on Friday, DH's brother called to invite us over for Sunday dinner.  We accepted (hey, at least I wouldn'tt have to cook--yeah!).  Then, yesterday, his uncle called to invite us over for ice cream and cake to celebrate his engagement (which had just happened that morning) to the lady he's been seeing .  Because SIL had already bought food for Sunday dinner, they asked if we'd come over a little earlier than planned, and then we'd all head over to their uncle's house for dessert.  So, once again, our Sunday was a family extravaganza. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaing.  The evening was great and it was lovely seeing everyone.  I guess Sundays just aren't meant to be a relaxing day around this house.  Oh well. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love pj time! I hope you can have it more next Sunday.

    ReplyDelete