Saturday, October 20, 2012

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

The process of TTC has been weighing heavily on my mind the last couple months.  I let it get me down for far too long.  So, lately I've been trying to find ways to keep my mind off the process (or at least keep myself from turning it into a negative).  We're almost entering my FW.  Not Oing until around CD 20 is a long, long wait sometimes.  Last month we started banging it out around CD 14 and I didn't O until CD 21.  By then we were both tired.  I don't want banging to ever feel like a chore, so we'll be more relaxed about it this month.  I still want to get lots of banging in, but more on our own schedule, and not because we have to since it's my FW.  That's my big goal for this month.  Just to relax and have fun together.  Enjoy us time.

As part of my "get my mind off getting knocked up plan", I'm finally getting back into classes at the gym.  The past couple months I've been a slacker.  Serious slacker.  So this morning was my first weight lifting class in almost two months.  Actually I felt pretty great.  But I have a feeling I'll be hurting tomorrow.  One of my gym girls even mentioned my sudden appearance.  Oops.  So, my goal is to get back to my normal 4-5 classes a week schedule.  Keeping with that theme, I should probably also actually use my WW membership.  I keep entering my weight every week, but am I actually charting my food?  Nope.  I know better.  I definitely know better.  (Back story - I lost 60 pounds after college by doing WW.  I kinda feel off the wagon a year into maintenance, stopped charting and started enjoying beer.  Gained about 15 of it back, lost 10 of it before our wedding, gained 20 in the year after our wedding, lost 10 of it at the beginning of this year, and have let 5 of it come back since school started.  Yeah, food and I have a love/hate relationship).  So, yeah.  I know what I need to do, I just need to kick my butt into shape.  Again. 

Anyway, in other news -- Tonight we're heading out for dinner and drinks with my old roomie.  Her birthday was a couple days ago, so we're celebrating with her boyfriend and a couple other friends.  After living together for two years, it's still weird not seeing each other everyday.  Miss her and can't give her the party she deserves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment