Hello Blog. It's been awhile. You knew it was going to happen. Haven't we had this conversation before? It seems I always have the best of intentions. I think of witty, charming, and poetic things to tell you about, and then, I never seem to actually find the time and type it all out. Oh well, that's life.
But I'm back.
At this point in my life my ramblings will probably be about my TTC journey. Yes, I said it -- we're trying to have a baby. In June, we celebrated our one year anniversary. We talked, and decided we were ready to start our family. Wouldn't that be nice? Getting pregnant in June would mean a spring baby. Perfect! Being a teacher, I could take the end of the school year off and have the summer with the little one.
Oh, how naive.
Now, four cycles in, I know this journey isn't going to be as easy as I once assumed. There were so many myths and misconceptions that I used to believe. So many incorrect facts about the actual process of making a baby. It should be simple, right? I had the birds and bees talk long ago, so shouldn't that be enough? Obviously, we're still going at this thing. But I've learned a lot of about my body, my cycle, and myself. And I've made a few darn good friends along the way too.
So, for now, here I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment