Sunday, August 17, 2014

Things People Say When You're Team Green

The past two weeks, I'm back to school seeing colleagues I haven't seen in a few months.  Many people saw our Facebook announcement, or have heard through the school grapevine that we are expecting (there are actually four other ladies at school who are all due within a month of me, one on the very same day!).  It's great seeing friendly faces and sharing our great news.

However, one of the first questions everyone asks is if we know if we're having a boy or a girl.  I respond, "no".  The next question always is, "When are you finding out?"  When I tell them we're not, a few have responded with enthusiasm, but many say some variation on the following:

- Really?  Doesn't not knowing make you crazy?
- You have so much more will power than me.
- Ah!  I can't believe you're not finding out.  Why are you making me wait to find out?
- I'm such a planner, there's no way I could wait until the end to find out. (This one always gets me, since if you know anything about me, you know that I'm a big planner.  Trust me, I can plan for baby without knowing if I need to buy pink or blue).


But here are the reasons I am enjoying being team green:

- I love connecting with baby without thoughts of gender.  My baby is my baby and I'm happy no matter if baby turns out to be a girl or a boy.
- I think it's going to be amazing finding out who's been in there at the end of this journey.  There will be 9 months of build up on that special day.
- It's kind of funny seeing people get all worked up because they have to wait to find out.
- Being team green was really important to H.  I love that this is something I can give him that makes him really happy.  

And, now that we've decided to be team green, I'm excited about it as well!  Team green all the way :D


3 comments:

  1. Yay for team green!! Gotta love when people try to make something that has nothing to do with them about them... It will be a wonderful build up and surprise when baby is born!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I ever get the chance to be pregnant again I have been thinking about this as well. I mean what a beautiful surprise it would be at the end :) Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! We are considering going Team Green for this baby too but haven't officially decided yet.

    ReplyDelete