Monday, August 04, 2014

That's a Funny Onion

How far along: 17 weeks

Baby is the size of a: Onion.  Baby is about 5.1 inches and weighs about 5.9 ounces.  The baby's skeleton is hardening and fat is starting to accumulate.  Baby's fingers and toes are also getting fingerprints!

Maternity clothes: Sort of.  I'm in a weird halfway point where some of my clothes fit, some don't.  Or more specifically, my old clothes fit, but they don't always look so great over my expanded tummy, so I have a limited selection to work with.  Still rocking the tank tops and yoga pants/sport shorts until school starts.

Stretch marks: Only those I started with!

Sleep: Sleep has still been pretty good.  The dreams are still out of control, but I seem to be sleeping pretty well.  I'm waking up at least once a night, but I can fall back asleep easily (assuming H isn't snoring up a storm or the pup hasn't decided it's time for a middle of night party).

Symptoms: Daily ute stretches/cramps.  And I had to go out and invest in some new bras.  My old ones were getting well loved and it was obvious I was starting to spill out of them.   Up a cup size for me.

Also, I guess the pregnancy hormones changed the pH or something in my lady bits because I had my first bought with something very similar to a UTI.  I actually thought it was a UTI, went to the OB's to get treated, only to have them tell me that my urine sample came back clean.  Huh.  The area was tender and I'm having a hard time going to the bathroom comfortably, but it's not a UTI?

The OB I had that day was actually really great.  He said it could just be and imbalance down there (I did have a little discharge) that could be irritating my urinary track.  He did a pelvic exam and said everything looked normal and that my cervix was long and tight (which actually was a relief to knoq since I've harbored a secret worry that our bleeding scare around 12w was caused by some defect with my cervix).  He prescribed some ointment to hopefully clear up whatever was going on (he described it with some long medical name, but basically it was just a unspecified bacterial thingc).  And I've been feeling much better since, so I guess the doc knows his stuff.

Best moment of the week:  Going back to school and seeing some colleagues I haven't seen all summer.  Also showing off my little bump to those same people.  It's fun imagining being the pregnant teacher this year :)

Miss anything:  Actually feeling great again this week.  I really thought I would miss alcohol, but actually it's been very easy to give it up.  I wouldn't mind some good sushi, though.

Movement: Nooooooooooooooooo!  I spent all week mentally talking to baby to try and get a kick or something.  But nothing.  I feel my ute a lot throughout the day, but there still isn't anything specific I can credit to baby.

Cravings/aversions: Nope.  Back to my normal eating habits and patterns.  I've actually maintained my weight the last two weeks (yeah!).  I'm eating plenty, but I'm not feeling like a starving person all the time, as I did in previous weeks.

Belly button in or out? In.

Sex: Still no specific feelings either way.  Although the OB I saw said he was guessing girl based on baby's heartbeat.

Mood:  Feeling great.  This week I'm actually excited about being back in school and having a purpose to my day.  Don't get me wrong, I love summer vacation.  LOVE IT.  But, it's always good to get back in the swing of things.  It's nice knowing I'm heading back to a job I love.  And, as H pointed out the other day - the sooner I get back to school, the sooner we are to meeting our little one.

3 comments:

  1. You look amazing!!! Man, time is flying for me, I can't believe you're 17 weeks already! It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so great! And glad the OB was on top of things and you've been feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 I hope you will feel movement soon!

    ReplyDelete