How far along: 18 weeks
Baby is the size of a: Sweet potato. Baby is about 5.6 inches and weighs about 6.7 ounces. Baby is becoming a dancing machine in there! Twisting, kicking, punching, sucking and swallowing are happening everyday.
Maternity clothes: Still rocking my comfy clothes and tank tops. It's only a matter of time before I'm fully in maternity clothes, though.
Stretch marks: Nothing new.
Sleep: I spoke too soon about sleep. This week has been terrible. It feels like overnight everything has gotten uncomfortable. No position seems to be working for me and I'm waking up 3-4 times a night. I added an extra pillow to stick between my legs last night. It helped. A bit.
Symptoms: Ugh. Getting uncomfortable this week. Again, seemingly overnight I my ute is extra crampy and feeling stretched. I'm trying to stay hydrated, but have a good sharp pull across my lower abdomen a couple times a day. I'm also guessing RLP has started since sometimes going from sitting to standing sends little lightning bolts down my sides.
Also, this week, while at a class at the gym, I discovered I can no longer lay on my stomach. At least not a hard surface. I can still fake sleep on my stomach on the bed, but hard surfaces are out. Also, laying flat on my back, again on a hard surface, seems to stretch things out (this I noticed at yoga and will have to modify savasana from now on).
Best moment of the week: Just enjoying my last week of summer vacation. I've been at school basically everyday, but it's still nice sleeping in and enjoying these last days of freedom. Next appointment with the OB is Friday!
Oh.... I almost forgot. We bought a new (to us) car this week! It's a 2013 Kia Sorento. We had been talking about getting a new car for about 6 months, but baby kicked everything into high gear. We narrowed it down to the Sorento and this past weekend we found a great deal. So the car is ours. It's official my "mom mobile!"
Miss anything: Being comfortable sleeping.
Movement: Maybe? I'm feeling little pops (kinda feels like a piece of popcorn popping in there) a couple times a day. I guess it could be baby, but since it catches me off guard everytime, I'm still not sure if it's baby or just digestive tummy bubbles.
Cravings/aversions: Ugh. Last week I was all about greasy, cheesy food. Pizza, calzones, and nachos. I couldn't get enough. Guess that accounts for the weight gain this week. Trying to make better choices in the coming days.
Belly button in or out? In.
Sex: Still no feelings either way. My hairdresser, who I saw today, says she's guessing girl, though.
Mood: Good. A little tired from spending most days at school and running errands. But happy about being pregnant and growing our little one. Some days I still can't believe that this is finally happening for us. Life is good :D

No comments:
Post a Comment