Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Hey There Stranger

It's been a busy week!  This is going to be long, picture heavy post.  Fair warning.

My monitoring appointment was Thursday.  That morning I had a 17mm follie on my right and a 17mm follie on my left.  Yes, you heard right.  Two 17mm follies.  17 really is our lucky number this cycle.

On Friday, we left for our mini-vacation, to the wonderful city of Boston!  For my 30th, my parents offered to get us a hotel room and flight anywhere we'd like to go for a long weekend.  H really wanted seafood, I thought it'd be fun to see a baseball game in our chosen city, and we both wanted to visit a place we hadn't been before.  So Boston was chosen!  Not only did we get to see a Red Sox's game (which was awesome, by the way) but I also got to meet another Bump friend, Bakes.  Honestly, meeting her and her family was the highlight of my weekend.  If she lived closer, I would hang out with her all the time.  She rocks.  Plain and simple. 

We got into Boston early Friday morning.  We immediately hightaled it off to the Sam Adams Brewery.  Did you know they give you samples?  For free?  Score! 

 
After that, we made our way to dinner at the Union Oyster House with Bakes were we enjoyed an amazing meal, followed by cannolis at Mike's.  All food was delicious and a good time was had by all.

On Saturday, we headed down to Fenway to walk the area and grab a bite to eat before the game.  Then we were able to head down onto the field where some of the players were circulating, taking pictures with fans. 

 
view from our seats
 
We finished the night by enjoy some local beer and delicious seafood.  Yum, yum, yum.
 
 
 
 
Saturday night before bed I triggered and we came back Sunday tired, but happy and relaxed.
 
Which brings us to yesterday.  I had scheduled off work so I could come home and not think about things after our IUI.  So, H did his thing and I took our sample in.  But, when the good doctor came in to have me identify the sample (it still weirds me out they do that, even though I completely understand the reasoning behind it) I was in for a bit of shock.  See for yourself:
 
 
 
Do you see that post wash count??  Last cycle his post-wash count was 163 million.  Holy moly, that's a lot of swimmers!!  My clinic also gives the sample a grade rating 1-4 (4 being the highest).  We've only ever had a 3 before (Guess those vitamins I've been making sure H takes have been working!).  Anyway, I put my feet up in the stirups.  The good doctor turkey basted me up, and cycle 17 is in the books!
 
So that brings us to today.  I am so happy and hopeful this cycle.  The combination of our trip to Boston, my lucky number 17 sneaking up all over the place, and the wonderful spring weather is making for one happy girl.  This cycle may turn out like the ones before it, but today is a good day.
 
Bring it on cycle 17, bring it on.



9 comments:

  1. That seafood looks amazing!! FX for lucky number 17!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is it, I just know it.......go number 17!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! (And PS: Boston's my hometown! So glad you had fun) FX for this super special lucky cycle #17!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for lucky number 17!!! Glad you had a fun trip. FX lucky 17 continues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:22 PM

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck!! It sounds like this cycle was meant to be :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck! I am keeping everything crossed that this is it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like an awesome weekend! I have a really good feeling for you this cycle! FX!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you enjoyed Boston! Fenway is my favorite place to be. :) FX for this cycle!

    ReplyDelete