Monday, October 14, 2013

OB Follow-up Appointment

Today was the follow-up appointment with my OB. 

He did a quick physical exam.  Everything looked good, so we're cleared to TTC as soon as this cycle is over (4 weeks and counting at this point).  He also asked about my mental health.  Depression specifically.  I told him I had days where I was depressed, but didn't think I had depression.  He said unless these moods were affecting my daily routines (uncontrollable crying, drastic change in eating habits/weight, lengthened periods of sadness) for  days/weeks, it sounded like what I was going through was pretty normal considering what we've been through.  I agreed.

I asked about a beta to check my HCG levels, but he didn't think it was necessary.  I've been taking HPTs once a week since our loss and the lines are definitely fading.  I asked if I could even have a period before the lines were gone.  He said it's possible.  Or, more correctly, he said I can have a period with a certain, small, amount of HCG in my system. 

So I guess we're good to go.  Honestly it's been weird ,but liberating, not knowing what's going on with my body.  No temping, charting, monitoring CM, or using OPKs.  Nada.  I'm just an ordinary lady going about my business. 

Oh, and banging my husband whenever I get the urge, instead of on a schedule.  That part is my favorite. ;)

5 comments:

  1. I'm really happy to hear things are turning around. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you that AF comes soon! (is that weird to wish that for someone? nah)

    :) - pugmum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear things are heading in a better direction now. Hoping you contiue to enjoy this time of not keeping track of everything and taking advantage of the freedom from monitoring things for a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to hear this<3

    ReplyDelete