Yuck.
I feel like complete and total crap today. I felt a cold creeping in Thursday night (that horrible soreness in the back of your throat). Friday at school I felt okay and by Friday evening my voice was pretty much gone. As I mentioned in my previous post we went hiking this weekend with DH's brother and SIL. Although the weather was beautiful and we had a good time, I felt sick the entire weekend. DH and I even cut hiking short Saturday so I could come back to the cabin and take a nap. After we got home yesterday I spend most of the day on the couch.
So what am I doing today? I'm going to school, of course. I probably should just call in sick, but I'm already out later this week (I have a previously scheduled dentist appointment and a meeting one afternoon). I really feel like I can't be out another day this week. Added to the fact that not having anything laid out or sub plans written means I'd be hoping that the last minute sub they find me can get anything done. It's actually the biggest PITA to be out of the classroom.
So here I go. It isn't going to be pretty, but since I don't have a fever, and my only symptom is a running nose and feeling like mud, I'm going to give it a try. Dear students, please go easy on me today.
I hope you enjoyed your day off today and got some good R&R in. Feel better!
ReplyDelete