So last week I bought a Doppler.
Since then, it's just been sitting there. Simply begging me to use it. I wanted to wait until at least 9 weeks to try. But I caved. I tried today.
And I think I found the heartbeat!
I watched a few youtube tutorials which helped distinguish some of the noises I would be hearing. Obviously anything in the 70-80bpm is my heartbeat. The tutorials also mentioned that a wooshing heartbeat noise, around 120bpm is also me (an artery, I think?). I found the whooshing noise, plus a ton of static. Then I put the wand center and angled it low, and I heard it. Very faint (the doppler didn't even pick it up at first) but I kept making tiny movements, and then there it was. A heartbeat fluctuating around 150bmp.
Gah!
It was gone almost as quickly as it had been there and I couldn't find it again. But I found it.
Our baby has a heartbeat :D
Ahhhhh!!!! I'm so glad you found it! That's amazing!
ReplyDeleteYay for finding the heartbeat!! That's so awesome :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad everything is working out! My Doppler nearly gave me a heart attack one day because he was so low at first and I wasn't in the right area! The wooshing sound can be the placenta too! It's noisy in there, I don't know how these babies sleep! :)
ReplyDelete