Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Evening Primrose Oil

This is my account of taking EPO.  Keep in mind I have no medical background and am only speaking from my own personal experience.

On CD 8 of this cycle I started taking EPO.  After almost a year on TB it was hard not to notice people bringing it up, so I thought, "Why not?"  I picked some up at my local pharmacy, read the directions (take one pill three to six times a day, preferably with food) and off I went.  Each pill was 500mg, so I felt that taking four a day (for a total of 2,000 mg) was the best choice for me.

Honestly, I had a hard time remembering to take four pills a day.  So, being the math teacher I am, I knew that taking two pills, twice a day, would get me to the four I was aiming for.  Did that actually happen?  Meh.  I always took two in the morning, but only got two pills in the afternoon every other day.  So, long story short:  I averaged about three pills (1,500 mg) per day.

But what about the results?

Honestly, I can say I did see an increase in CM this cycle.  There were many days I had external CM (which typically only happens after O for me).  While I did see an increase in CM, most of it came in non-fertile form.  When it came to my fertility window I was hopeful I would finally see the elusive (at least to me) EWCM.  I did not.  I did see a slight increase in watery CM, but absolutely no EWCM.

Would I use EPO again?

Yes, I would.  It certainly didn't hurt anything, and I did see some benefit.  Besides, I've already bought the bottle.  I might as well put it to good use.


1 comment:

  1. Can I send you some of mine? Is that totally gross?! I tried EPO a while back and OMG I felt like I was in a swimming pool. I'll gladly send you EWCM thoughts!

    ReplyDelete