Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Am I The Only One?

We're heading to Lake Cumberland, KY  this weekend for a little boating, a lot of drinking, and good times with some of the best people we know.  My great-grandparents retired down there in the 70s and built a cute little three bedroom cottage.  My friends and I have made it an annual tradition to head down for Memorial Day and spend the long weekend on the lake.  It's an amazing weekend. 

This is a place I have been to a million (slight exaggeration) times.  I know exactly what I need to pack, what food to buy, and have already talked with our friends to make sure they're good too.  So why do I still get so anxious every time we head out of town?  I feel the need to make lists (both planning out what I need to pack and everything I need to get done in the days before in order to pack).  I feel the need to talk everything over with DH to make sure we haven't forgotten anything.  And I know that on Friday, before we leave, I'll feel the need to go back over everything just to make sure we haven't forgotten anything.

I seriously need to chill.  Silly Sun.  As soon as we leave on Friday all will be well.  I'll revert to my normal self and have a beer.  Or two.  Or many.  ;)

5 comments:

  1. I am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! I'm obsessive list make/planner, too - it's good and bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *I'm an obsessive list maker/planner

      I also like to forget and misspell words ;)

      Delete