How far along: 15 weeks (time is flying!)
Baby is the size of a: Navel Orange. Baby is about 4 inches long and weighs about 2.5 ounces. How is it possible baby has grown a whole ounce in a week?!? Maybe this explains the ever expanding size of my tummy.....?
Maternity clothes: Not yet, but I have a feeling it's not far off. I bought my first official maternity clothes this week. Two pairs of pants from the local thrift store (both are Gap and cost me a whopping $4 each, one of which I'm modeling in my pic this week) and a clearance shirt from Old Navy. I'm hoping I can make it through the last couple weeks just wearing the larger items in my closet while slowing accumulating maternity wear before school starts.
Stretch marks: Nothing new. I'm hoping my daily lotion routine I've had for years will help keep them at bay longer.
Sleep: I have been sleeping great this week! I've been trying to limit my water intake after dinner. It seems to be helping since I don't wake up to use the bathroom and have been sleeping through the night!
Symptoms: Daily ute cramps/stretches. Nothing painful and nothing more than I've been feeling the last couple weeks. And, of course, my ever expanding middle section that still mainly looks like I've decided gaining weight is what all the cool kids are doing (I haven't gained a tremendous amount, but for a girl who was working hard on WW before getting pregnant it's a bit hard to swallow some days... but that's another post).
Best moment of the week: Meeting with our OB last Friday. As I mentioned in my previous post she is amazing and I'm very happy we made the switch to that practice.
Also, my mom and I went garage sale shopping. It was so much fun getting to look through all the baby stuff and imaging being able to use it soon. We actually didn't buy anything, since we were woefully under prepared. We had no idea what, if anything, we needed to get but it was fun looking through tiny baby clothes all the same.
Miss anything: Not being hungry all the time. My appetite is raging lately and I want to eat all the things. Even when I've eaten only a few hours previous. I also miss fitting into my normal favorite clothes. Sitting around the house I'm fine, but I go into a bit of a tizzy when we need to go out and I feel like I have nothing left that fits me anymore.
Movement: Can't feel anything yet, but I'm anxiously awaiting the moment I can. Baby was moving and shaking around in there on the u/s. It's only a matter of time, right?
Cravings/aversions: I was DYING for ice cream the last week. Every night I complained to H about wanting a big bowl after dinner. Of course, once we actually got ice cream on Sunday I wasn't craving it anymore and it was just a normal ice cream cone. Sad.
Belly button in or out? In for the win.
Sex: I still really want a girl this week. I don't have some all knowing mother's intuition or anything, I just really want to have a girl that I can dress up, put pretty clothes on, and make adorable bows for her to wear.
Mood: Content. And happy. It feels great being in second trimester and actually allowing myself to think ahead to really showing, feeling baby, and eventually bringing baby home. It also feels good to have some energy back and I'm starting to feel like my normal self. This was a really good week!

All of this sounds great! I am so glad you are at a point where you can enjoy this pregnancy :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you're feeling good! You are looking amazing!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on being in 2nd trimester!
ReplyDelete